I’m dedicating this page to all the resources I use to stay informed. I’ll plug links to my favorite podcasts, books, news articles, videos, and products I absolutely love. I think it’s vital for us to never stop educating ourselves on nutrition, health, industry, and current events. I hope you find these resources as valuable as I do.
Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.
- The Unlock Wellness Podcast with Dr. Kasey Johnson
- Rich Roll Podcast
- Party in my Plants
- Take Out with Ashley and Robyn
- Jami Dulaney MD Plant Based Wellness
If you are not willing to learn no one can help you. If you are determined to learn no one can stop you.
- Eat to Live: The Amazing Nutrient-Rich Program for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss by Joel Fuhrman
- Fat for Fuel: A Revolutionary Diet to Combat Cancer, Boost Brain Power, and Increase Your Energy by Dr. Joseph Mercola
- In Defense of Food: An Eater’s Manifesto by Michael Pollan
- The Brain Warrior’s Way: Ignite Your Energy and Focus, Attack Illness and Aging, Transform Pain into Purpose by
- This Cheese is Nuts!: Delicious Vegan Cheese at Home by Julie Piatt
- The No Meat Athlete Cookbook: Whole Food, Plant-Based Recipes to Fuel Your Workouts―and the Rest of Your Life by Matt Frazier and Stepfanie Romine
- Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook: Eat Like You Give a F*ck by Thug Kitchen LLC
- The Love and Lemons Cookbook: An Apple-to-Zucchini Celebration of Impromptu Cooking by Jeanine Donofrio
The people who love to eat are always the best people.
Movies, Video & Documentaries
- In Defense of Food
- Forks Over Knives
- Genetic Roulette
- Food Matters
- Debunking the paleo diet | Christina Warinner | TEDxOU
Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly Plants.
Products I L-O-V-E
- Vitamix A2500 – I understand the Vitamix is not in a lot of people’s budget but it has seriously been my #1 kitchen investment. They now have space saver models that are a bit more affordable too!
- Wusthof 6-inch Chef’s Knife – Again, I know it’s pricey for most but it’s an investment that will last!
- Big Berkey Water Filter – My Berkey seriously deserves it’s own blog post. Water is essential and I LOVE this filtration system!
Beauty & Personal Hygeine
- BeautyCounter – I’m obsessed with the Cleansing Balm, but I haven’t tried any products I don’t like.
- Aztec Secret – Indian Healing Clay – over 17,000 Amazon reviews, this product is super affordable and highly effective. I use it with Organic Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Himalaya Neem and Pomegranate Fluoride- Free Natural Toothpaste