Inspiration for this recipe was from a Pinterest post for Raw Vegan Spring Roll in a Bowl, I loved the vibrant colors of the purple cabbage and carrots against the greens of the snap peas, avocado (I forgot it so … not pictured) and green onion. I chose to adapt the original recipe and pair it with a Miso Ginger Dressing because, well…. I’m just not a Peanut Sauce fan. I’ve never been much for peanuts or peanutty (that’s a word, right?) things. Did you know peanuts aren’t nuts? Nope. They’re legumes.
Did you know peanuts aren’t nuts? Nope. They’re legumes.
I’ve also been searching for really tasty raw vegan recipes that I can adapt and share. I love that I can throw together a raw meal in a few minutes, perfect for quick lunches! I don’t think I could every make the complete shift to a full time raw vegan but I do love the concept of eating food in its natural state. For me though, I love warm foods so I think it comes down to balance. I really like the idea of raw lunches and prepared dinners. I personally don’t do breakfast, I’ve almost always unknowingly did intermittent fasting. I will drink coffee, green tea, and a lot of water between 8am and 1pm. I could expand a lot of the intermittent fasting, but, for now, I’ll save it for it’s own blog post.
- ½ small head of purple cabbage
- 2-3 large carrots, grated
- 2 cups snow peas, chopped
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- small handful of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 Tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 lime, halved
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 3 Tbsp white miso
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2+ Tbsp water
- Prep all the veggies and assemble in large salad bowl.
- Whisk together fresh ginger, miso, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and water until well combined. You may want to add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dressing is the right consistency.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to combine.
- Top with sesame seeds and squeeze of fresh lime.