Super Simple Romesco Sauce. The perfect savory sauce to pair with roasted vegetables or my vegan crab-less cakes. This sauce comes together in about 5 minutes, just toss everything into the blender and enjoy it hot or cold!
This sauce is very forgiving, feel free to adjust the quantities to make it your own. If you have a nut allergy or choosing to stay nut-free you can easily swap almonds for hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds (about 3/4 cup). If you’re not a fan of almonds it would also be delicious with pine nuts, hazelnuts, cashews or walnuts. To make it oil-free sub a few tablespoons of water in place of olive oil.
- 1 12-ounce jar of roasted red peppers
- 1 can whole or diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar (optional)
- juice of half a lemon
- Toss everything into a blender or food processor until it’s to the desired texture. I prefer mine a little on the chunky side, but smooth is just as tasty!
- Serve hot or cold.
- **See blog post for nut-free and oil-free variations.