Super Simple Tomato Basil Soup. Since going plant-based soup and salad are my go-to easy meals. You can prep the soup in advance and easily reheat it and its the perfect pairing when salad just isn’t enough. Tomato Basil Soup has always been one of my favorites and early into transitioning to a plant-based lifestyle I found this super simple tomato basil soup recipe that was a game changer and a go-to recipe. This recipe is super adaptable. You can opt to roast the tomatoes and garlic or if you like to do everything in one pot, go ahead and throw everything together and let it simmer until it’s time to blend into super creamy soul warming soup. I also like to toss in a whole stalk of basil and let it simmer until it’s time to blend, then you simple pluck out the basil and blend away.
- 1 28 oz can whole peeled San Marzano Tomatoes
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1.5 cups full fat coconut milk (I recommend So Delicious Culinary Coconut Milk)
- Fresh basil, divided
- In a large pot add canned peeled tomatoes with juices, garlic, onion, vegetable stock, and stalk of basil. Bring to simmer and cook for 30 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
- Remove basil, add everything to blender or using a immersion blender blend everything until well combined. Add coconut milk and blend again until smooth and creamy.
- Serve hot with basil garnish. Add salt and pepper to taste.