Who doesn’t love waking up on the weekends and enjoying a stack of warm fluffy pancakes? This recipe is a triple win; plant-based, oil-free, and gluten-free. I’m mean if that’s not a home-run I’m not sure what is.
One of my many pantry staples is oats. Gluten-free rolled oats and steel cut oats because they’re both great for so many different recipes. This recipe uses the rolled oats and turns them into oat flour. (Note that you can buy oat flour if you don’t have a Vitamix blender or food process… or if you just want to save time.)
I’ll point out that these are not as fluffy as regular pancakes and the banana flavor is distinct but I’ve always found them delicious with many different toppings like fresh fruit, nuts or your favorite syrup. Homemade strawberry syrup is my absolute favorite.
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats or oat flour
- 2 cups plant-based milk of choice
- 2 spotty bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- If using rolled oats, place in food processor or high speed blender and blend until oats are ground into a fine powder, approximately 1 minute.
- Place all remaining ingredients in blender or food processor until batter is formed.
- Heat non-stick griddle or pan on medium heat. Let pan heat evenly before adding batter.
- Add batter ⅓ cup at a time. Allow for bubbles to appear around edges and then flip. Cook until both sides are golden.
- Top with your favorite ingredients and ENJOY!