Lemon Chia Pudding with Coconut Whipped Cream
Author: Brittany Biggers
- Juice & zest of two large lemons
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk (I prefer So Delicious Culinary Coconut Milk)
- ¼ filtered water
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (or more depending on preference)
- pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 6 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 can coconut cream, chilled overnight
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- For the chia pudding mix lemon zest, juice, water, maple syrup, salt, turmeric and chia seeds vigorously until well combined. I personally put everything into a high-speed blender and blend it for a few seconds but a hand whisk works just as well.
- Pour into mason jars or desired container. Place chia pudding and can of coconut cream in refrigerator overnight.
- For the coconut whipped cream, scrape off the top of the thickened cream and add to large mixing bowl. Add vanilla and cinnamon and beat until texture resembles whipped cream. Use immediately or store in refrigerator for up to one week.