Caprese (pronounced like this) meets vegan meets watermelon meets ultimate summer treat. This is a perfect appetizer or dessert… or lunch!
I used the recipe for Cashew-Almond Mozzarella from Julia Piatt’s new genius cookbook, This Cheese Is Nuts: Delicious Vegan Cheese at Home, and paired it with juicy fresh watermelon, balsamic reduction, basil, mint and a pinch of ground pepper. I can’t get enough. I highly recommend buying the cookbook but if you’re not into experimenting with cheese-making or just don’t have time I totally get it, you can buy your favorite mozzarella alternative.
- Fresh watermelon cut into thin square slices
- Thin slices of vegan mozzarella (homemade, optional)
- Balsamic reduction
- Fresh basil
- Fresh mint
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Layer watermelon and mozzarella.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil, mint and black pepper.