Tacos. Are. Life.
Seriously though. This recipe is what Taco Tuesday’s are about. Vegan has never tasted so good.
I assembled my tacos using the hearts of palm “carnitas” style, creamy cauliflower rice (recipe here) and strawberry mango salsa (recipe here). If your local grocery store doesn’t have the Pasilla sauce you can swap out Chipotle sauce and add 2 drops of liquid smoke and a 1/2 tablespoon of ground cumin.
- 2 can hearts of palm, drained and hand shredded
- ½ cup Herdez Pasilla Sauce
- 15 corn tortillas (street taco size)
- Drain, rinse, and hand-shred the hearts of palm to resemble shredded meat.
- Add the shredded hearts of palm and Pasilla sauce to a large skillet over medium-high heat, heating until warmed through.
- While "meat" is cooking, warm the tortillas. Working in batches, cover five or less tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave in 30 second intervals until warm.
- Assemble your tacos with the hearts of palm, creamy cauliflower rice and strawberry mango salsa (see separate recipes linked above).