Hearts. Of. Palm.
Where has this ingredient been all my life?
I’m now on a mission to find all the amazing vegan recipes starring hearts of palm. So far I’ve not been disappointed. The “carnitas” tacos were ON FIRE (recipe coming soon). Next I’m thinking… “crab” cakes? Seared like scallops? Artichoke and hearts of palm salad? Endless ideas. Please share any ideas you have!
This recipe is seriously perfect for summer days on the lake or river. You can serve it as “ceviche” with tortilla chips or as a salad. I tossed it with fresh spicy arugula… YUM! It comes together in less than 10 minutes so it’s also perfect for quick lunches when I have time to run home and throw something together.
- 2 jars (or cans) of hearts of palm
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, miced
- 2 jalapenos, finely diced (seeds removed)
- 1 organic orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 organic yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 small cucumbers, diced
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 2 avocados, diced
- Juice & zest of 4 limes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse hearts of palm then roughly chop into large chunks. In a large bowl mix hearts of palm with remaining ingredients.
- Serve as a dip with tortilla chips or mix with fresh greens or arugula for a refreshing salad.